They call us the Firework Girls.
My comfort zone consists of a bank of test tubes and a Bunsen burner.
But having to take a philosophy class to graduate from college— well, that’s causing a different kind of burn altogether.
I mean, the hottest professor at Hartman is looking right at me.
Can you blame me for looking back?
Sexy or not, Shane Brooks follows the rules.
All of them.
As my professor, he won’t put one toe over the line.
Me? Good girl or not, I’m tired of resisting the way I feel about him.
If I want to do more than drool over this guy from the back of class, it’ll be up to me to make something happen.
This was a new author for me & I was truly excited to explore new words!
Isabella is just beginning her college career. She comes from a prestigious family and has traveled away from home in order to be considered on her own merit. Through some unfortunate, but lucky, events her freshman year, she comes to meet the girls (and boy) who will be her family in her home away from home.
We’re then quickly hurled into her senior year, where she’s forced to take an extra humanities course that was overlooked previously. Entering the classroom, she is immediately attracted the man she assumes is the teaching assistant. Unfortunately he is not. He is Professor Brooks.
There are several things I enjoyed about this book.
- Isabella’s friends are awesome! They’re funny, talented, and loyal. At every turn they are there for each other and truly a family.
- The events of Isabella’s freshman year being addressed. I don’t want to give away the story, but I am always impressed when events like this are covered in books. It’s an issue which should be addressed & I believe it was done so well.
- Isabella is a relatable character in her thoughts and feelings. Her family at home, her school worries, and her stress about her future are all feelings most college students deal with.
There were parts of this story I wasn’t into.
- I couldn’t get into the professor/student relationship. I thought I could get behind it, but as the story progressed, I couldn’t seem to find myself sympathizing with the situation.
- I’m not a personal fan of instant attraction. Although their attraction did develop, I like a little more substance.
Overall the story was pretty good. I’m absolutely looking forward to the stories of the other Fireworks Girls! I think this book will be enjoyed if this is the type of romance you’re looking for. Personally, I just didn’t get sucked into this particular storyline.
Forbidden Heat is also available for FREE on Kindle Unlimited! 🙂
The rest of the series is also available on Amazon.
Each book is a standalone in the series, but if you want to follow chronologically, this is the order.
Forbidden Heat (Isabella and Shane)
Midnight Heat (Chloe and Grayson)
Eternal Heat (Ashley and Erik)
Nuclear Heat (Sam and Jack)
J.L. White writes steamy romances featuring smart, sexy women and the swoon-worthy men who adore them. Her sexy love stories are full of passion but don’t skimp on the tenderness. She’s addicted to trendy coffee houses, poolside lounging, and HEAs. When not tapping blissfully away on her laptop, she takes time to enjoy life with her husband and their children.
Don’t miss a new release! Join the JL White mailing list for updates on new books, sales, and other goodies: http://jlwhitebooks.com/get-emails-about-hot-new-releases/
Join the conversation on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/JLWhiteAuthor